|Shanghai Civil Engineering and Surveying Young Scholars Forum & Career Fair|
1.Introduction of the activity
To speed up the construction of first-class universities and disciplines in Shanghai, and to promote the exchange of cutting-edge research among young scholars in civil engineering and surveying disciplines, the “Shanghai Civil Engineering and Surveying Young Scholars Forum & Career Fair” will be held on 28~29, March 2019 at Tongji University. An important objective of the Forum & Career Fair is to attract excellent young scholars to work at Tongji University as Post-doctoral Research Fellows or Research Professors (at different levels), and to allow them to better understand the career opportunities and work environment in Shanghai.
2.Introduction of Tongji University and its Civil Engineering and Surveying disciplines
Tongji University, with a long history and outstanding reputation, was one of the earliest national universities in China when it was initially established. After more than 110 years of development, Tongji University has become a comprehensive, research-oriented, and internationalized university with a large academic impact at home and abroad.
The civil engineering discipline of Tongji University was first established in 1914 and has been long dedicated to the cultivation of elite engineers with the motto of "rigorous, realistic, unity and innovation". During the evaluation of national key discipline in 2007, structural engineering, geotechnical engineering, bridge and tunnel engineering, and disaster prevention and reduction engineering, were all granted as national key disciplines. That makes the discipline of civil engineering in Tongji become the only national key primary discipline owing four national key secondary disciplines. In the evaluation by the Degree Center of MOE in 2009, the civil engineering discipline of Tongji University was ranked the 1st place in terms of overall performance in China. In 2011, the college of civil engineering was selected by the Ministry of Education as one of the 17 pioneering schools around the country. In 2015, the civil engineering discipline was sponsored by the Shanghai Peak and highland program (I-category), and in the latest national evaluation, it was graded as A+. In 2017, the civil engineering discipline was successfully included in the National First-Class Discipline Program (also called Double 1st-class program). The discipline ranked the 1st place in the world by Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) in 2017 and 2018.
Established in 1932, the discipline of Surveying and Mapping in Tongji University is the birthplace of the surveying and mapping higher education in China, which has cultivated a large number of outstanding talents in the field of surveying and mapping geographical information and has made great contributions to national construction, social services and economic development. The discipline is the national key construction discipline of “211” and “985” projects, and the national "double first-class" construction discipline. The college of Surveying and Geo-informatics has a first-class discipline doctoral program and a postdoctoral mobile station of surveying and mapping science and technology, as well as 3 second-class disciplines which are Geodesy and Surveying Engineering, Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, and Cartography and Geographic Information Engineering. The discipline achievements have been granted with over 20 provincial and ministerial level science and technology awards, including one National First Prize for Scientific and Technological Progress and one Second Prize of National Natural Science.
Registration: 27 Mar 2019
Forum & Career Fair: 28~29 Mar 2019
Venue: Tongji University, Siping Campus (1239 Siping Road, Shanghai)
The main themes of the activity include (but are not limited to):
1. Geotechnical engineering
2. Structural engineering
3. Disaster prevention and protection
4. Bridge engineering
5. Tunneling and underground engineering
7. Civil engineering information technology
8. Wing engineering
9. Satellite photogrammetry and remote sensing for planetary exploration
10. Satellite navigation and location-based services
11. Global change monitoring，research on polar ice sheet evolution, and natural disaster monitoring
12. Key technologies of spatial information and sensor networks
13. Application of surveying and mapping science and technology in sustainable research
14. Key technologies of management and application of massive geospatial data
15. Construction and key technology of spatial information and mobile service platform
16. Key technologies for enhanced detection and condition monitoring of underground pipe networks
5.Condition of application
1. Applicant who should be no more than 40 years old (45 years old for domestic applicant for surveying discipline).
2. Who with a PhD from top universities at home and abroad, and has working experience in well-known overseas universities, research institutions or enterprises; or, currently working at well-known universities, research institutions or enterprises in China; or, PhD candidates/graduates with great potential.
3. Who has made great research achievement in their fields, and has strong potential for future academic development.
1. Please log into http://www.wondersedu.cn, finish the online application, and submit your resume and the three representative papers to the contact person below as attachments.
2. The deadline for registration is 15 Mar, 2019. Confirmations and invitations will be sent by 18 Mar, 2019.
7.Transportation and accommodation
Invited participants should book their own tickets and accommodation. The university reimburses the economy class round trip tickets and accommodation fees (up to 10000 RMB in total for each oversea applicant).
Civil engineering discipline: Ms. Zhu
Surveying discipline: Ms. Han
More details about the recruitment: